Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
So, as a General Assistant, you'll have no trouble making our customers feel special too. Working in one of our departments your day will be filled with a variety of interesting tasks, from checking stock and keeping records to looking after health & safety and food hygiene.
Our customers will be your main focus, and everything you do will be with their shopping experience in mind. If they're happy, then we're happy -
and that's what Booths is all about. You don't need retail experience to join our family. But you do need to be the kind of warm, friendly person who can shine in front of our customers and fit comfortably into a hard working close team.
This particular vacancy will involve working across our fresh counters - including hot food, deli, cheese, raw and fish.
Full training will be provided for the successful candidate. As the position will also involve the use of knives and cutting equipment we are only in a position to accept applications from individuals aged 18 years and over.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits :
You will be responsible for the following :
Ensuring that customers are served in an efficient, friendly and polite manner
Professionally dealing with all our customer enquiries
Ensuring that goods are displayed to company standards
Taking part in quarterly stock takes
Maintaing all required records accurately
Ensuring that goods are rotated and handled with care to minimise damages
Complying fully with food hygiene and health and safety requirements at all times
Helping the store build a strong relationship with the local community
You need to show us that you have the following :
1. Knowledge of Booths (essential)
2. Knowledge of the retail trade (desirable)
3. Ability to communicate clearly and confidently (essential)
4. Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively (essential)
5. Ability to serve customers in a friendly, polite and approachable manner (essential)
6. Ability to demonstrate a flexible attitude to work, and working hours (essential)
7. Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable)
8. Experience of working in food retail (desirable)
9. Experience of working in a team situation (essential)
10. Experience or working in a customer service environment (desirable)
GCSE Maths & English grades A-C or equivalent (desirable)
Basic Food Hygiene certificate (desirable)
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special.
What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours :
Like the idea of family life? Join us ..