IBB’s Real Estate group covers a range of development and commercial property work with a number of partners ranked as leaders in their field.
The group is divided into five teams and supported by an administration team : the residential development team, the New Homes Division, The commercial real estate team, a large property litigation team and a specialist construction team.
1. To provide a high quality legal service to clients on all aspects of the development of land by way of assistance with the acquisition and disposal of sites for residential led and mixed use development (whether immediate or strategic) to include advising on restrictive covenants, easements, affordable housing, leases, planning and highways agreements and agreements for supply of services.
2. Where required, assist the team in its marketing objectives, to include activities such as attending client events, writing text / articles for the website and other publications and assisting the partners in organising client events.
3. Develop own technical knowledge and skills including :
4. Personally meet the firm’s quality standards including :
5. Ensure the firm’s client care standards are consistently met, including setting and meeting client expectations and clearly communicating progress to clients and partners and where appropriate billing matters in accordance with partner approval.
6. Develop own self-organisational and interpersonal skills so that :
7. Establish and maintain contact with relevant third parties and ensure good working relationships with referrers and other external contacts.
8. Participate actively in group meetings.
9. Ensure you remain professionally and technically up to date by attending and recording CPD, as well as developing knowledge of the market place and client base.
You will work closely with all members of the residential development team and where required, other members of the commercial property group and wider firm.
The role is part assisting, part running your own caseload. It will involve dealing with demanding client schedules and working as part of a team with both the client and with IBB’s property and commercial lawyers.
Skills and Experience
Confident with all aspects of residential led development and ideally with experience of mixed use schemes and compliance with the UK Finance Mortgage Lenders’ Handbook.